SELECT LANGUAGE:

CSV Improved Support Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Looking for a useful answer?

Read this first and make sure you checked all steps: www.csvimproved.com/frequently-asked-questions/635-troubleshooting-import-errors

Don't just say it doesn't work but describe in detail what is happening and add the following information:
* VirtueMart version
* CSVI version (Latest is not a version number)
* Sample of the file being imported
* Collected debug information

Without this information you won't get a useful answer. If no debug log is attached, you will get a request to post it.

Where to get the debug information?

A tutorial (www.csvimproved.com/frequently-asked-questions/390-how-to-collect-debug-information) has been written to help you collect your debug information. For CSVI 3, there is a video available (www.csvimproved.com/downloads/file/18-collect-debug-information)

TOPIC: How to Import & Export Joomla 2.5 articles?

How to Import & Export Joomla 2.5 articles? 2 years 8 months ago #26831

• dlewintx
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a need to be able to export selected articles and categories from a Joomla 2.5 site, and then import that content into other websites. It appears that CSVI should have the ability to do this, but in looking at the documentation, I cannot seem to see a way to do it. CSVI seems to be focused more on virtuemart and other extension content.

Can someone provide some guidance on (1) if this extension can address my need, and (2) if so, how would I go about setting this up?

Thanks in advance,

dlewintx
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to Import & Export Joomla 2.5 articles? 2 years 8 months ago #26842

• rolandd
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 868
Hello,

In theory it should be possible with CSVI but I wouldn't dare to recommend it since you are dealing with a lot of table constraints and dependencies. This option is actually planned either for the next CSVI Pro release or the one after.
Kind regards,

RolandD

=========================
If you use CSVI, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extension Directory

Re: How to Import & Export Joomla 2.5 articles? 2 years 5 months ago #29352

• dezinezone
  • Fresh Boarder
I would like to do the same thing. I want to export articles from one Joomla 2.5.6 site and import them into another Joomla 2.5.6 site. Is this possible with the latest version of CSV I?

Re: How to Import & Export Joomla 2.5 articles? 2 years 5 months ago #29358

• rolandd
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 868
It is possible to an extend but you will have to import both the articles and the assets data. The assets data is something complicated, have a look at the assets table and you will see what I mean. That is why in my previous post I said I don't dare to recommend it.
Kind regards,

RolandD

=========================
If you use CSVI, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extension Directory
Moderators: rolandd

More products by RolandD

JD iDEAL Gateway

Integrate iDEAL and other payments into your site with JD iDEAL Gateway. JD iDEAL Gateway supports 25 different extensions among VirtueMart, RSForm! Pro, RSEvents! Pro, RSMembership!, HikaShop and Membership Pro and features a payment page. Now also with RaboBank Omnikassa, Ogone and SEPA support.

Go to JD iDEAL Gateway